I remember when I was newer to ThinkorSwim and someone was sharing a study or scan with me and they sent me a shared link and I clicked it and it took me to a website and I had no idea what was going on. I later on found out how to actually open and save it within ThinkorSwim so I figured I would provide a quick how to for those unfamiliar with the process.
Opening a Shared Item
- Copy the shared item link, should look something like this: http://tos.mx/sharedfile
- Click "Setup" in the top right corner of your ThinkorSwim application and click "Open Shared Item"
- Paste shared link that you copied in Step 1 into the Shared Item URL field
- Click the "Preview" button after you entered the link from Step 3
- Your Shared Item should have loaded and now you may click the "Open" button
- You should now have the study or scan pop up in a new window within ThinkorSwim
- A Scan shared item should auto save and a pop up window should appear saving its been saved
- A Study shared item needs to be manually saved by clicking on the 3 lines in the top right of your pop out window and selecting studies and then save study.
Hope this helps walk you through opening a shared item within ThinkorSwim. If you are having an issues, need help or this helped resolve your issue feel free to leave a comment down below!